Green jobs, energy independence and reduced waste volumes
Enerkem creates high quality green jobs while reducing oil dependence and waste volumes.
Enerkem’s disruptive technology uses non-recyclable municipal solid waste (i.e. garbage) instead of petroleum to produce the lowest-cost liquid transportation fuels and chemicals relative to alternative production methods.
Each Enerkem waste-to-biofuels and chemicals facility creates high quality green jobs and brings value to communities and waste-generating industries, while helping solve some of today’s most pressing environmental issues. Enerkem facilities help diversify the energy mix and make greener everyday products while offering a sustainable and economical alternative to landfilling, incineration and traditional fuels and chemicals.
- Economic benefits during construction
- 610 direct + indirect jobs
- Total net new economic impacts across Canada (direct + indirect): $199M
- Economic benefits during operation
- 152 direct + indirect permanent jobs
- Increase in net economic spending in local area: $64.5M