CAD$875 million biofuel plant in Varennes, Québec - Enerkem proposed partnership with Shell, Suncor and Proman with the leadership of the Québec government and support from the Canadian government
- Conversion of more than 200,000 tonnes of non-recyclable waste and wood waste into an annual production of nearly 125 million litres of biofuels.
- Contribution to greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction equivalent to taking close to 50,000 vehicles off the road annually.
- Construction of one of the world's largest renewable hydrogen and oxygen production facilities with an 87-megawatt electrolyzer leveraging Quebec's green electricity.
- Creation of more than 500 jobs during construction and about 100 permanent direct skilled jobs during operations.
- Annual recurring economic benefits of $85 million for Québec.
- Investment of $60 million since August 2019 to develop the project, prepare the site and obtain the required permits.
- The proposed partnership is subject to finalization of commercial agreements.
Partners we worked with on this project: